Internships at Magnum
Internships are available at each of the Magnum offices and provide participants the unique opportunity to gain insight into the workings of the photographic cooperative and the industry as a whole. Please contact the office closest to you for details on available internships.
For Positions Available at Magnum New York ONLY
Please use the form on the right to submit the following application materials: your resume, a brief letter explaining why you wish to intern at Magnum and in which department you wish to work, and one letter of recommendation. Please clearly state which position and internship session you are applying for.
Applications that do not meet all requirements will not be considered. All applicants must be available for an in-person or telephone interview. All internships are unpaid. University credit possible. Absolutely no phone calls.
Applications must be sent three months prior to start date to be considered for that session.
(Click here for positions available with individual photographers)
Archive Department Interns
• Assist in maintaining Magnum’s digital and analog image archive
• Photo researching and filing
• Related administrative duties that may change daily
• Running errands (transporting film, prints, negatives)
• Occasional scanning
• Applicant must hold or be in the process of earning a degree in photography or library science
• Familiarity with PC platform and Excel.
• Must be comfortable creating and working with spreadsheets
• Must have basic Photoshop skills
• Ability to organize and multi-task
Contract: 2 days per week, 3 months
Internship sessions: January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December