Make a selection
Make a selection
Sign in / Register
Finding Your Vision with Alex Webb and Rebecca Norris Webb in Hong Kong
Jun 7 - Jun 16 2019
The creative duo lead two weekend workshops designed to help you identify the next steps in your photographic development
We are pleased to present two intensive weekend masterclasses led by the unique creative couple Alex Webb and Rebecca Norris Webb in Hong Kong.
Do you know where you're going next with your photography — or where it’s taking you? This workshop will help photographers begin to understand their own distinct way of seeing the world.
It will help photographers identify their next step photographically — from deepening their own unique vision, to the process of discovering and making a long-term project that they’re passionate about.
This workshop is suitable for serious amateurs and professionals alike, and participants will benefit from teaching by both tutors, a creative team who often edit projects and books together — including their book and the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, exhibition, Violet Isle: A Duet of Photographs from Cuba, and their upcoming book, Brooklyn: The City Within.
Included in the workshop will be an editing exercise, either a photographing or editing/sequencing assignment, as well as an optional pre-workshop assignment (see Workshop Schedule for more information).
The workshop is aimed at photographers who collaborate with the world, not for those who dramatically alter their photographs digitally.
This workshop offers:
• Optional pre-workshop practical assignment
• Visual Style – Guiding you through technical, theoretical and aesthetic issues
• Mentorship by both Alex Webb and Rebecca Norris Webb
• Intimate artist talks by both tutors sharing their own work and experiences
• Editing and Sequencing sessions
• Networking opportunities
Where & When
Hong Kong, exact location to be confirmed
Friday, June 7, 2019, 9:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday, June 8, 2019, 9:30am - 5:30pm with an evening event, 7:30pm - 9:00pm
Saturday, June 15, 9:30am - 5:30pm
Sunday, June 16, 9:30am - 5:30pm with an evening event, 7:30pm - 9:00pm
The workshop will be held in English
£550 (incl. VAT) per workshop.
Price does NOT include accommodation and travel to Hong Kong.
Terms and Conditions apply.
See the bottom of this page for more details.
Selection and Requirements
Each workshop is open to 16 applicants and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. This is a workshop for photographers who collaborate with the world, not for those who dramatically alter their photographs digitally.
Click here to apply for this workshop:
First deadline of acceptance is April 29th, 2019. You’ll then receive an answer on your application by May 2nd, 2019.
For enquiries relating to this project please email: email@example.com
An optional pre workshop assignment will be given to selected participants.
9:30am - 12:30pm: Workshop welcome, group portfolio review
12:30pm - 1:30pm: Lunch
1:30pm - 3:30pm: Book presentation and group editing exercise
3:30pm - 6:30pm: Participants working on photography assignments or editing/sequencing assignments (their choice) (location: outside classroom)
7:30pm - 9:00pm: “Together and Apart: The Photographs of Alex Webb and Rebecca Norris Webb.” This evening of photographs from the Webbs will be followed by a Q&A and book signing. Participants are required to attend this evening presentation, since this material won’t be covered during the classroom hours, but may also invite friends and family, since the event is open to the public.
9:30am - 5:30pm: Workshop
This workshop schedule is subject to change at any time.
Terms and Conditions
– There are a limited number of spaces on the workshop. Students will be selected based on the work they have submitted during their registration.
– Magnum Photos reserves the right to cancel this event with less than 7 participants. In the event of cancellation students will be given at least 2 weeks advance notice and a full refund, minus Paypal fees.
– Magnum Photos reserves the right to change or alter the program advertised.
– Travel insurance is mandatory.
– The workshop fee does not include international transport, accommodation in Muscat or ground expenses. International participants are responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is canceled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets.
– Refunds to applicants who wish to cancel their place on the workshop can only be given up to 21 days in advance of the date of the workshop. After this point, refunds cannot be issued.