Make a selection
Make a selection
Sign in / Register
City Landscape Workshop with Harry Gruyaert and Jean Gaumy in Hong Kong
Apr 10 - Apr 14 2019
35 Aberdeen Street
Hong Kong, Central
Learn from two Magnum photographers in this intensive five-day workshop
For the first time in Hong Kong, Magnum photographers Harry Gruyaert and Jean Gaumy will jointly lead an intensive five-day workshop focusing on photographing the natural and built environment of the city.
This workshop aims to develop your capability to read and capture the natural and built landscape under the tutelage of two Magnum photographers whose work straddles the documentary and abstract.
Intended for passionate amateurs and professional photographers alike, with a strong interest in documentary, landscape photography, and storytelling, the workshop will challenge you to create new work and develop your own visual language and photographic identity through practical assignments and group critiques.
The number of attendees will be limited to 12 per class and all participants will have a chance to have reviews with both photographers during the workshop. Images will be reviewed each day and participants are expected to be shooting through the workshop.
The two photographers will also dedicate give intimate artist talks about their own work and experiences, sharing their key advice and insights.
This workshop offers:
• Mentoring by both Magnum photographers Harry Gruyaert and Jean Gaumy
• Visual Style – guiding you through technical, theoretical and aesthetic issues
• Practical work and feedback
• Group portfolio reviews including advice on work and professional development
• Individual portfolio review with Harry Gruyaert and Jean Gaumy
This event is made possible thanks to the support of PMQ:
Where & When
PMQ, 35 Aberdeen St, Central, Hong Kong
Wednesday April 10 to Sunday April 14*
*We recommend participants to arrive in Hong Kong on Tuesday, April 9 and leave on Monday, April 15.
The workshop will be held in English
Early Bird Price Offer: £1250 (incl. VAT) until February 21, 2019.
Regular Price: £1350 (incl. VAT) after February 21, 2019.
Prices do not include travel or accommodation.
Terms and Conditions apply - See the bottom of this page for more details.
Upon submitting your application you will be forwarded to Magnum’s Paypal account where you will be asked to pay a £200 deposit to book your place on the workshop. You will receive a confirmation that your application has been accepted within 3 days of your subscription.
Click here to register for this workshop:
Selection and Requirements
The workshop is open to 12 participants maximum per class and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Students attending must be comfortable using their equipment and have their own laptop with Editing Software
For enquiries relating to this project please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
• There are a limited number of spaces on the workshop. Students will be selected based on the work they have submitted during their registration.
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to cancel this event with less than 8 participants in each workshop. In the event of cancellation students will be given at least 3 weeks advance notice and a full refund (minus paypal fees).
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to change or alter the program advertised.
• Travel insurance is mandatory.
• The workshop fee does not include international transport, accommodation in Hong Kong or ground expenses. International participants are responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is canceled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets.
• If a participant decides to cancel for whatever reason, it must be confirmed in writing:
Magnum Photos will reimburse all the registration costs except for £100 administrative fee, if the participant informs Magnum Photos of cancellation at least 3 weeks before the first day of the workshop. Beyond this time limit, Magnum Photos will charge the following:
. 50% of the cost if cancelled between 15 and 21 days before the workshop commences.
. 100% of the cost if cancelled less than 15 days before the workshop commences.
. All workshops that are commenced but not completed through the fault of either the contractor/or participant need to be paid in full.