The Art of Editing With Matt Black
Improve your image selections and sequencing with Magnum Photographer Matt Black in London
Magnum Photos is proud to announce an intensive short course in London on editing for emerging and professional photographers.
Led by Magnum photographer Matt Black, the workshop offers participants intimate access to his celebrated photographic practice with a focus on his approach to editing, coupled with intensive personal editing and mentoring sessions in a group setting.
The workshop is open to a maximum of 12 participants and places will be allocated based on the quality of submitted portfolios.
This workshop is best suited to emerging and professional photographers working on a long-term body of work as well as those looking for guidance on how to further develop a body of work.
Apply here for the Workshop with Matt Black
Photographers are required to bring an edit of up to 30-40 small work prints.
Light supper and drinks provided on the Friday night.
Hours of the workshop are as follows:
Thursday February 15th, 2018
6pm - 9:30pm
Group Discussion about editing process
Lecture by Matt Black about his practice and editing process
Friday February 16th, 2018
9:30am - 7pm
Individual editing and mentoring sessions in a group setting with Matt Black
£425 + VAT where applicable - Early bird special until January 31st
£450 + VAT where applicable after January 31st
Fees and Policies
– Full fees must be paid on application.
– Magnum Photos reserves the right to cancel this event with less than 6 participants. Students will be given a full refund. In the event of cancellation, students will be given at least 1 week advance notice.
– Magnum Photos reserves the right to change or alter the program advertised.
– For International applicants, Magnum Photos is not responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is cancelled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets and/or travel insurance.
– Refunds to applicants who wish to cancel their place on the workshop can only be given up to 14 days in advance of the date of the workshop. After this point, refunds cannot be issued.